Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Russian Frost

It's the third day of real winter here in Moscow, snowy and rather cold. -23C in the afternoon going down to -28C at night. But neither my hands, feet nor my nose feels cold, and this is amazing! I remember very well our trip to the Vologda and Kostroma regions last January. It was -17-20C, and my hands and feet were cold in a minute or two, although I was wearing both gloves and mittens. It didn't help. These days I'm wearing rather thin gloves and it's absolutely enough for me.
It was a busy day. Used the underground many times, walked some 20 minutes to my aunt's workplace, talked to her for 5 minutes, then 20 minutes walking back to the metro station, 5 minutes on the metro, 15 minutes walking etc. And let me remind you, it was -23C...
I've just talked to my mum about my new perception, and she said she was going to tell me the same thing! Her nose used to get red very quickly, but not this winter. And both of us, we were enjoying every moment of walking in the street.
It must be the result of the blood vessels cleansing thanks to fruit and green vegetables during the last year, at least I don't see any other reason. Anyway, I like it!

No comments: