Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Guys in shorts =)

I recall some moments from great old days in Holland when I just got acquainted with Owen and heard someone say "ah, that Canadian guy in shorts" =) Living in a northern country, although with a very mild climate, he wore shorts 3/4 of the year (right, Owen? how is it now, in Spain?) That looked weird to me, as in Russia parents tell children to wrap up and the vast majority of kids are wrapped up sooo well that we get used to it and put on a lot of clothes when we grow up.

Now I'm leaving off the habit of wrapping up and I need less clothes to feel fine in the Moscow winter. But I'm far from wearing shorts in a -20C frost. And there are people who do that!
For example, Алексей Мартынов, a raw foodist, singer and animal advocate (in RU), or Jericho Sunfire, now a breatharian, personal trainer (in EN) (well, Jericho hasn't been exposed to such low temperatures, but still he wears shorts when there's snow)


No comments: