Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Impressed / Babies

My good friend from Krasnoyarsk is going to become a father in September! And most of my classmates have already married or are getting married this year. 24-26 is the age by which the majority have their first child. Incredible. I am not ready yet even if I had a fiancé. I was brought up in a culture where a good wife is supposed to cook well and I had been learning and was considered to be good at it. And in my dreams I was planning to open a restaurant. Now, with my raw foodism, it turns out that it's been in vain. I will be searching for a husband among raw foodists and even if he is not a raw foodist but a vegan, I won't kill food =)

I was so impressed by the news from my friend that went to take a look at the shelves with baby stuff at a supermarket and the prices. Poor things! They are fed with tinned soup with beef since 12 months! sold under "борщик с говядинкой" where bold letters are diminutive-hypocoristic suffixes as if everything related to babies should be "small" (in every sense).

It's really a pity that nowadays babies are not put to nurse if mother doesn't have enough milk but are fed with artificial milk formula. It's a pity many young mothers choose not to breastfeed even if they have enough milk. And more and more young mothers lose milk because their own food is too artificial (like coke and potato chips) and lacks uncooked ingredients.

O tempora! o mores!

No comments: