Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Korean carrots recipe



It's been a while now that I stopped using salt or pepper, or oil. But today I saw a wonderful almost raw version of "Korean carrots" salad and understood how much I missed it. Ssso. This is the post which seduced me =) (in RU). They say this salad integrated into Russian cuisine when many Koreans were moved by force within the USSR during the Stalin era.
I want to share it with you, because it is easy and quick to prepare, tasty, a bit spicy, wonderful as an appetizer. Your dear ones will appreciate it.
My version:
-Good fresh carrots, washed and peeled: slice (better grate) them into spaghetti-like strands, some 5 cm long and 1-2 mm wide.
-Black and red (cayenne) pepper: cayenne pepper, together with garlic, is what gives the whole thing such a special taste.
-Several cloves of (young) garlic: cut in small pieces or squeeze.
-Oil: sesame, or olive, or sunflower. Just a bit.
-Freshly squeezed lemon juice: just a bit, 1 lemon for a medium bowl.
-Sea salt.

I added black sesame seeds and used a spoonful of olive oil.
Mix everything very well! And place into the fridge for 30 min - 1 hour.
I couldn't wait that long and 10 minutes were enough to marinade. I ate the whole bowl with pleasure and am feeling fine now :)

Bon appetit!
PS: this is not my pic, I found it on the web

1 comment:

insatiable hee said...

hmmm I dunno how korean that is... I mean I never had them myself :-D
but sounds good!