Thursday, August 27, 2009

8 things to work on

To improve your spirituality (according to Jasmuheen):
1) understand that your thoughts create the reality; programming power of mind
2) meditation
3) prayer (Thank you!)
4) service
5) nature
6) exercise your body (yoga, martial arts...)
7) diet (at least vegetarian)
8) music and singing (only positive lyrics and instruments that don't have a negative impact on cells)

I heard a lot about giving some 10% of income to charity but when I see beggars I don't believe them... And what I heard from Jasmuheen in one of the many videos on the web actually helped me to solve this issue of wanting to give some coins and not believing those who ask for money. Finally I've decided to change 10% of my income to coins and 10-ruble notes and give 10 rubles to each and every beggar and street musician I see till this 10% is finished. It feels good :)

3 comments:

Rolfe Bautista said...

I should add those things to my list. keep up the good work :D

Owen said...

Me gusta dar los buenos "incentivos" a la gente, por eso no me gusta tanto dar dineiro a mendigos. Quiero ayudar los que necesitan ayuda, pero no quiero dar la impresion que molestar gente en la calle es buena metod para recibir dineiro. Los musicos de la calle, bueno, no tengo problema.

Por eso me parece lo mejor es dar tu dineiro a una caridad de buena reputacion.

Pero claro, a veces olvido todo eso y doy un poco de dineiro tambien.

Ollique said...

Sí, en general estoy de acuerdo contigo: mejor transferir dinero a una organización en que tienes confianza - pero ahora no conozco ninguna!!! He buscado información, he leído noticias sobre money laundering & fraud relacionados con las organizaciones benéficas, he mirado programas sobre el tema en tv... Hace un par de años cada mes daba un poquito a Save the children, pero ahora no sé...