Friday, November 28, 2008

Moscow: first impressions

After +15C in Istanbul I was greeted by snow and -2C in Moscow. Snow! I missed it so much.

Plastic bags for each and every type of fruit including if you buy one pomegranate. I tried to refuse at several supermarkets, but they said it was against their rules.

Bottled water only in plastic bags. In the very heart of the city, in Elisseevsky supermarket in Tverskaya street, there are many types of still glass-bottled water, but in other districts the situation is different. I visited about ten shops and supermarkets in my area, and only in one, the most expensive one, I saw two types of still glass-bottled water (Evian). At the same time, almost everywhere here I saw sparkling water in glass, the famous in ex USSR countries Essentuki.

No comments: