Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sports in my life

There is not much sport in my life. Thanks to living in Holland, for a while already, my everyday routine is biking, biking everywhere around the town and to the countryside.
Several months ago I was invited to play frisbee. A friend of mine is crazy about it, and he uses a Google group to invite his friends in town to play on the small grass field at the university campus. I liked it so much that go and play every time he organizes the game. There are not many people who want to play, but the field is small, so 4 by 4 games are nice. I am bad at it but feel how I am improving :D
Some 7 years ago I used to practice Iyengar Yoga in Moscow, not very intensively, but with pleasure. Half a year ago a friend of mine invited me to a class at her place. The instructor is her friend who, in addition to her main job at Tilburg university, is going to become a yoga teacher. She is finishing her several years studying in Amsterdam and suggested that she could teach us. Now she even found a well equipped place to rent for yoga classes, and I go there every Tuesday.

This is pretty much about my physical activities. I know that many raw foodists have a lot of energy and do a lot of exercises. I guess when I turn to that diet making it my way of life I will be more active in this respect.

No comments: